JUNE 29

June 29th 2017

Well,
my good day did not come.

I woke up with a fever STILL.
It is only low grade,
but that makes it even more annoying.

I headed out to the Dutch Bakery
to grab apple, cherry and chocolate banana
fritters for my visit with Dad.
Pit stop at Timmies for iced coffee
and a boston cream donut for Martin.

When I arrived,
he was busy in a clay workshop!
They were making ceramic leaves.
Coffee was uneventful
but we discussed the vegetable garden
in the court yard there
and I managed to get a copy
of the July events calendar there.

I headed home
feeling hot and yucky.
Ate some lunch,
watched some tv
and started the bridal shower invitations.

I headed out at 5:30
to do some banking,
pick up some pond items we won at auction
and drop off a delivery to a friend.

As I left,
I backed into a motorcycle.
Yup NATURALLY it was a Harley.
The owner was not in residence,
and no one seen me do it,
but I stayed, called the police
and reported myself...
it took almost 2 hours.
They wrote down the wrong phone number,
sent them to the wrong address,
and when the cop arrived,
he said they were very busy tonight.

He was nice enough,
and said he would contact the owner
of said motorcycle.
I felt like crap.
I felt stupid.
But I did do the right thing
even though I could have just left it
and driven away.

Came home to tell John,
he was remarkably calm about it.
We inspected the pond equipment
and had some supper (lasagana)
and I am off to bed.

Fever still up but still low grade.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts