JUNE 28

June 28th 2017

Tightly guarded secret......
I detest being ill.

I have no power over this disease
and to wake up for the umpteenth day
feeling exhausted after sleeping all night,
is getting the better of me.

BUT
Today I got up.
I started late, like 11am late,
but I did at least try to overcome today.

Late arriving at LDO,
but so was everyone else today!
It was weird.
No one first thing (poor Bernice)
and then slowly we all arrived,
with Charlotte arriving around 2!

It was a nice LDO,
MANY MANY topics covered,
scoffed at, laughed at or conversed about.
Even a delivery of goodies.

Late getting home and I was HUNGRY!
I ate, and then made homemade
cheese sauce from scratch (not a powder)
and made my hubby mac and cheese
for tonights supper.

Cleaned the kitchen, the back deck,
loaded the dishwasher
and folded 2 loads of laundry.
I cleared islands and counters of paper,
mail, junk and Tupperware that only I
apparently know where to put.

You guessed it,
I must have had company coming tonight.
APPARENTLY
I agreed to have the "cruise ladies" meet here,
I thought we were having cheesecake
at Coffee Cultures but alas
I was corrected at LDO this afternoon.

By 6pm, I was SORT OF
prepared to have company.
At least the biggest messes
were contained out of sight
or (stop the presses) actually cleaned up!
I even had all my auction item bids made.

The ladies arrived
just as my shipment of tadpoles arrived!
Got them off and into the pond,
and got set up for their chat
about going on a cruise.
(not me unfortunately)

While they chatted,
I stayed up on the auction,
and in the end actually won
all the pond equipment.
**which we actually NEED

Late supper with John
after the ladies all left,
and now he is off to get ready for work,
and I am off to have a good nights sleep
and hopefully wake up full of energy.

or at least not feel so icky.

But first a quick bedroom clean up
and a cold shower.
I hate being hot.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts