JUNE 19

June 19th 2017

Another Monday that I was going
right from the get go.

My day began at 9am.
Strip the bed and get dressed.
Headed downstairs
to throw a load of laundry in,
checked out the garage
and what John was doing in the garage,
then loaded the dishwasher.

I made a request for a lawn care quote,
made a list of items needed for the reno
and I hopped in Malificent
and headed over...
Home Hardware was not too busy
and I managed to get my paint mixed
yes, more paint.
Another can of red and another yellow was needed.
I also found L brackets for the wall units,
and a can of spray foam insulation for the one wall.

Home again,
John happily announced,
he needed paint brushes...... frig.
BUT
it was ok because while at Home Hardware
I actually found chrome trim for the walls.
Malificent wasn't big enough
so I grabbed Mom's van and headed back out.

I grabbed the metal trim
and the nice man carried it out for me.

Having received a text from a friend,
I found out the paint store on Talbot
was having a BOGO sale.
So I headed over and got the brushes
and yes.... more paint.
This time the black for the dart board frame
and the grey for the exposed metal garage door.

I grabbed some lunch at KFC,
and headed home.
We ate in the new garage,
while he explained he needed a special light bulb.
REALLY???
So I finished some interior chores
and back out Malificent and I went.

This time we started at Giant Tiger
bread, margarine and some ribs for supper,
when I found they had any size sheets
on sale for $15 including king.
I bought 2.

Off I went to Dollar Tree,
to grab shelf liner for John's tool box
and then Canadian Tire for the light bulb.

Home again,
John had put new door supports
on the bay doors and done some painting.

He was happy for the new stuff
and immediately got the light working.
I headed for the kitchen
to put away groceries and decide
which new sheets we were putting on the bed.

AND all this was before 3pm.
Sent John for a shower and nap,
and I cleaned out my purse
and updated the garage reno cost list.

I made our supper,
ribs and rice.
Odd combo, but yummy!
John and I sat and finished
watching The Ranch season 3
after Shooter got a much needed bath.

Early morning tomorrow,
Otter is off to the vet to be spayed.
Finally.
So it is bedtime for me
as soon as I grab the cat carrier.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts