JUNE 9

June 9th 2017

Summer weather is not my friend.
Because of my drugs,
I am relegated to hiding from sunshine.

By 9am,
John was home
and we managed to empty
the "storage area" between the 2 houses.
He had some pent up anger
to take out on all of it.
His vacation has been bumped
to July NOT tomorrow.

By 11pam,
we had discussed the benefits
of this sudden change,
and made plans to use the time
to get ready for his "new" vacation.

He went and laid down
and by 2pm was up again,
and the garbage bin was still not picked up!
So we found another bunch of stuff
to toss in and get rid of.

He spent another couple hours
nailing up the new walls
and cleaning the floors.
I took the hammer
and dismantled a bench and some shelves.
Going to pay for that tomorrow.

I sent him back to bed,
with promises of pasta
and stuffed peppers when he got up.

A lot of minor everyday chores,
a visit, a pick up
and a daughter who popped in
and left just as fast.

We ate around 8:30pm
and yummmmmmm!
Watched a bit of tv
and John was off to work.

None of my Friday chores done,
car washes, gas, beer run.....
but oh well.


Good Night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts