JUNE 12

June 12th 2017

Wow.
I was up at 8am,
planning out my day....
and randomly fell asleep again!
Woke up with a start
at 10 o'clock when John
came in to change.

Up and at 'em.
Stripped the bed,
got cleaned and dressed,
did a load of laundry,
did a bit of straightening,
grabbed my to do list
and was out of here.

Out with Malificent for gas
and a quick bath,
drove home and grabbed
John's car to do the same.

Got home to check in
and headed for Superstore,
where I filled a cart with drinks.
Coke, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper,
Lemonade, Nestea, water, root beer,
cranberry gingerale...
we were out of everything,
and Superstore price matches
all the sales,
so I got everything at sale prices.

So that filled my trunk.
I headed home again,
unloaded, filled the fridge
and took a break.
I am NOT a hot weather person.

Got an invite to check out
the LCBO so off I went.
It's air conditioned there.
Found Canadian stubby bottles
and Labatts 50 (marked 150
for the anniversary this year)
that will be ready for John's
big birthday this year.

A pop in at the Dollar store
netted me a few finds
for the upcoming birthday
and my glue gallery to come.

Had a rather brilliant idea
on my way back home.
Pizza Hut dinner buffet.
Came home asked John
and he was in for that!
Mom met us there too.

After supper,
we headed to the condo
to load up Dad's wood working
for his hobby show
at Valleyview Wednesday.
I am really excited
about how much he is looking forward
to showing off his past talents.
We even managed to find
the model railroad circus rides he built.

Home again,
I am finally cooling down.
I think I would do better
to hibernate through this hot stuff.
Give me cold any day
over hot and sweaty.

I did manage to organize
my scrapbook buttons today.
Bought the jars this afternoon
and now they are all
colour divided and labeled.

A quick update from the garage...
John managed to do the first
floor repairs today.
That was 5 bags of concrete
by 1 o'clock this afternoon.

Tomorrow is another busy day.
I have some repairs to do
for the wood show.
I have quilting class in the evening.
I am hoping to drop off
the wood pieces late Tuesday night
but most likely... that will not happen
:(


Good Night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts