JUNE 11

June11th 2017

Weird day!
Got up with good intentions
but a bad right shoulder
and badly bruised left index finger
made me a little useless
to say the least.

I awoke with a mild headache,
that just bugged me all day.
Not to be detered,
I got dressed,
taped up my finger 
and headed downstairs.

John got up at 7,
and had already gone to move
a storage cabinet for mom
and was back checking out
the next cut for the new ceiling.

By noon, 
Mom had arrived to paint,
I was making lunch
and slushie lemonade,
and john was hanging
the back wall pegboard!!!!!
6 1/2' deep and 180" long!

I did some cleaning
cooking and laundry.

I spent a lot of time with John
in the reno today. The garage is looking so good,
tomorrow I will argue about 
the one damaged wall with him,
and hopefully I will win.
I call his type of reno 
"duct tape repair work"
and his cleaning style
"shift it somewhere else".

Me? I am only concerned
with fulfilling the garage he showed
me photos of at the start,
and I am trying to keep him
on task... he tends to work on 
3 or 4 areas at once instead of finishing
one and then moving on.

I made a turkey breast and gravy,
hash brown casserole 
and frenched green beans for supper.
Yummmmmmmm

We shut the reno down at 7,
showered and watched tv.

As my headache is STILL bugging me,
I am calling it a night.


Good Night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts