JUNE 26

June 26th 2017

What can you say about today?

Up at ugly o'clock
to drive through construction zones
for an hour to north London
so they could stick an IV
in my hand (which incidentally,
was very painful this time)
and run Remicade for 2 1/2 hours.

I am very happy,
that there is actually a drug out there
that is working to keep this disease
under control and me functioning
at a fairly normal pace.

But,
I got home, exhausted, sore and limp.

Some days I have enough energy
to run a marathon afterwards,
sometimes I sleep for 2 days after....
you never know until the day.

I did stop at Michaels for vinyl
as it was on sale,
but had no luck getting
the yellow, green and blue
that I wanted.

Home by one o'clock
I grabbed comfy pjs,
some chips and dip
and landed squarely on the sofa
where I spent the entire day.

By 8pm
I am too tired to even bother watching tv.
So I am off.
Me, Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica
John, Shooter and Otter.
Full house in the bed tonight!


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts