MARCH 4

March 4th 2017

Up before my alarm,
after a solid nights sleep.

A little nervous
about the whole jump
into Lake Erie thing,
but overall pretty relaxed.

Was at Joc's right on time,
and we headed out
to the Port Stanley Legion
to get registered
and drop off our donations.

We were some of the first people
there so it went fast.
Got some pictures
and headed to Little Beach.

The wait qas longer than expected
but soon enough,
Joc and I ran into the water,
down about 10 feet (seemed longer)
and around the marker,
where we both went in
up to our shoulders!

Being out of the water was worse,
but there were strip down tents,
and soon enough
I was in warm dry clothing.

The only real painful part
was my feet which would NOT
warm up!

We went to the after party,
where they fed us and had some
door prize draws and give awards.

On the way home I stopped
to pick up a veggie lasagna
and all the trimmings for supper.

Then I came home,
got into some warm pjs
and curled up on the sofa
to try to get warm again!

Dinner was lovely!

I am now upstairs,
in a freshly made bed
showered and pj'd.

Time for some rest.
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts