mar29

March 29th 2016


I have to say
I started this dining room renovation
with a plan,
a colour scheme
and not much of a budget.



I am beyond thrilled
with the room so far.
The wall paper is 2 lengths
short of being done,
just around the door.
I LOVED the paper!
John was not so sure at the start.

The baseboards and door frames
got painted,
and although the colour
was NOT what I thought,
I am now very pleased
that the error was made.

Yesterday
Judy and I bought the curtain fabric.
It was a daring pop of colour.
I knew it would work
but worried it would be too much.
John LOVES it!

We still have some 1/4 round trim
to add and the floor needs to be stained.
The ceiling is the biggest job,
and we hope to get a crack at it
this coming weekend.
The job is large
but I can't wait
to see this final piece finished!





I love it so far!




So...
my day started with big plans,
that were shattered by a receptionist
with absolutely no people skills.
NO ONE
should hear on the phone
"we got your blood work back,
the doctor wants to see you ASAP,
can you come Monday at 11?"

I tried to stay calm,
but when you are scared,
your body rejects that,
and I ran to the bathroom
and threw up.



I had lots of online support
(thank you)
and an onion ring delivery!
(thank you)
a couple visitors
(thank you)

and some tears.

I am calmer now
and very concerned
with what they need to tell me.
I know the protocols
for the tests they ran,
as we have been doing
this song and dance
with remicade testing
for almost 5 years now.
Relatively simple problems
with this drug infusion
are dealt with behind the scenes,
and do not concern me.

So...
John and I are going together
on Monday to find out.
Stress is not good
for crohn's disease survivors,
so I will keep myself busy
until we can get some answers.

Tomorrow
the girls and I
are on a road trip to Markham.
I am pretty excited
AND
I am the driver too.



So it is time to say...
Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts