aug5

August 5th 2015

Some days it is easier to say what
IS NOT hurting
than to say what is.


Today was Remicade day.
As most anyone who knows me already knows,
I have a very severe reaction to needles.
My body just likes to pass out.
So when I walked in the clinic today
and found out the nurse who has been doing my IV 
for 4 1/2 years now,
and I trust explicitly,
has been given a promotion
and would no longer be there......
well my very low blood pressure 
bounced into the stratosphere.

As I had no idea this promotion had happened
I did not have my anti-anxiety meds with me.
Judy held my hand 
and I did pretty well with this new nurse.
(although my blood pressure 
never came back to normal).


We thought some lunch would help
the nasty side effects of having bouncing blood pressure
and the fact that I had been dehydrated
(they had to infuse double the fluids today).
So we stopped at DQ and visited my niece.


When we got to St Thomas 
Judy took me off to try on a few hats
for David and Michael's wedding,
where I will stand in and give David away.

After the second store,
Judy knew it was time for home.
She got me tucked into bed for a nap...
which never happened because my Mom called
and wanted to talk.


I swear if there is a body part
this stupid disease can affect
it has today.
I am sore and tired
and there is no such thing as comfort 
that lasts longer than 15 minutes.
(ok bitchfest over)

I am down and out
but won't be for long
I will beat this sickness
because I am strong
I am tied to this bed
but it won't be forever
I am very sure
I will soon feel much better.

Good night from John Street















Comments

Popular Posts