aug13

August 13th 2015

I am thoroughly disgusted
with the job of finding a hotel now-days.


I have a wedding to go to the last weekend in august.
I need a room with 2 beds
and breakfast (and apparently parking included!)
Location did not matter 
and suites etc were not necessary
as it was only 1 night.

I spent 3 hours on line
looking at the same hotels with different prices
on 2000000 different sites.


Having spent time in hotels
rooms from one hotel to the next are not that different.
I had almost given up for the night
as every time I found one that met my needs
said they were sold out.
Anger prodded me to do what we did 
BEFORE 
we surfed the internet.
I picked up the phone and called the hotel.



That "sold out" package I seen first on line?
He booked me 
in minutes exactly as I wanted.
The hotel is EXACTLY where I wanted to be
actually even better than I expected,
is a name brand hotel,
includes food and a couple unexpected extras.
Yes...
It is a little more than I wanted to spend
but I wish I had done that first
and saved myself the aggravation of 3 hours
of searching and scanning.


My friend Pam came 
and saved my sanity a little earlier tonight. 
I have been stuck in this house for almost 2 weeks now.
I was going stir crazy.
So she took me out to the Dollar store
for a bit of air.
Not long before I had had enough
but long enough to forget what I was there for!

BUT

Captain Superhero was soon back at my house
armed with my missing purchase!


Super Grandma to the rescue!

Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts