aug29

August 29th 2015

I woke up this morning out of sorts.
I have been so focused on wedding stuff that I forgot to take it easy and my body was fighting back! EVERYTHING was sore and achy.

The wedding was not until 3, so Teresa and I spent most of the morning relaxing. John, Judy and Dylan arriver around lunchtime, so we all enjoyed Kenny's yummy lunch of chicken burgers and fries. Then it was time to get this stand in mother of the groom ready.


My phone has no photos to share but our camera does (so I will make an album soon). It was warm, so my hair went up and to the side to accomodate my "fabulous" hat. I was able to take my time and get ready and keep cool.

Everything was finally ready and we were all dressed to head out. Our first same sex wedding ceremony. When we arrived, I was happy to see all our work on the cake gazebo had stood up to an overnight set up. Everything looked awesome. I got the cake out and set up, and this mother of the groom was called to duty!

I was brought down for the corsage photos, mine was "fabulous", and the barage of wedding party photos. A little hicup held up the ceremony about 15 minutes, but soon enough it was " places everyone!"


Just before we went up, I gave David his wedding gift. I had been given his Mother's engagement ring when I was 16. I gave it back today, and he wore it during the ceremony.

It was a lovely short ceremony, informal, and a small guest list. The sand ceremony, (I had never seen) was explained beautifully, and I loved that part.

Soon our very full table (meant for 8 but we squeezed in 10), was chosen. After bouncing around for photos, we were all seated comfortably and munching on a lovely assortment of appetizers.

Not long after, we realized our table had underestimated what we needed for beverages, and a small party of 4 was sent out to remedy this. They arrived back JUST as our table went up for dinner! Good timing.

Our table chatter was fun. Brenda, samara and Racheal, Ken, Teresa and Alisha, John, Judy and Dylan and myself, made jokes, laughed and played "add to the drawing, after speeches.

I was brought to the dance floor for the grooms dance, and passed around the floor a couple times before retreating to my seat.

The cake looked amazing for a first time baker. The cake was moist and yummy. I was complimented many times. Other than the thousand times I heard about the headless grooms!!!!!!


By 8pm, the wedding part of the day was over and the serious partyers were getting ready for a big blow out. So we started our good byes.

Kisses and hugs and thank yous...

We loaded up the blue pearl and headed for Niagara Falls where we had rented a room ON Clifton Hill!!!! We got an even better deal than I knew about, and our view is amazing.

I am currently enjoying the a\c and quiet, while the other 3 are out enjoying Guiness Book of World Records.

Tomorrow is another day.

Good Night from Clifton Hill.

Comments

Popular Posts