aug22

August 22nd 2015

Princess Judy.
(this I am sure applies to many mom's of teen girls) who reach that awkward age where they are to young to do EVERYTHING they want or are asked to do, too old to really be able to say no to everything and all too well aware that what they WANT to do, you yourself probably did or wanted to do!

Again I am faced with the horrible process of accepting she is no longer my little dress up dolly, no longer a child needing to have her hand held, nor a teenager who still needs A LOT of guidance, but a (very young) adult and has thoughts and dreams better suited to the (old enough to decide) adult I refuse to admit she is becoming!

I am spectacularly lucky to have such a (well behaved?) 18 year old who still looks to me for some answers, relies on me to stop her from making the bigger mistakes and is willing to share at least some of the details of her (soon to be independent) life.

A lovely day, although more humid than I like it.

Much accomplished, and another to do list ready for tomorrow.

Good night from a productive house on John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts