apr9

April 9th 2015

What a miserable wet day.
Not so cold that you have to complain
but dreary enough to be uninspiring.


I knew today would be busy.
Packing door prizes for the crop,
straightening up for the weekend,
dealing with a grumpy John 
before they remove all his teeth saturday,
getting ready 
for the Kitchener scrapfest day-trip tomorrow,
and getting the taxes done.


I hate getting the taxes done.
Our files are not hard to do
or take a lot of work,
its the COST!
I pay $100 to find out I am getting nothing back.
Judy pays $40 to find out the same thing.
although John gets a significant amount back 
the cost of a truckers taxes is really high.

I am pleased that I asked 
for extra $$ to be taken off each cheque
last year.
It made a big difference
and I never even noticed the $50 per pay cheque!

Tonight was a whirlwind 
of organizing the crop's door prizes.
So many wonderful things have been donated 
and collected by our team,
the April 25th crop is sure to be a success!

Judy and I spoiled ourselves 
and had popcorn shrimp for supper tonight.


Now it is time to pack up my bag for tomorrow
and relax a little.
I can hear Archie and Jughead calling me.

Good night from John Street
and an excited scrapfest-er!


Comments

Popular Posts