apr17

APRIL 17th 2015

What a miserable way to start a day!
How in the world can a doctor think 
getting up to go see him at 8am
is a good idea????


But,
like a good patient I was up at 6am
showered dressed and headed out the door
for 7:15
as the appointment
was in the tower at Victoria Hospital (London)
in the foggy friday morning traffic.
Caroline came with me 
to experience the expedient way
I am dealt with at these appointments.
The concern some of the secretary's show 
when you mention that you have been waiting 
a year and a half for a refferal.


We were back by 9am.
So, we decided to accomplish another list 
for the crop before heading home.
All supplies for meals are now bought!
Dollar Haven was very generous 
with us again this year.

Came home and dawdled around
and suddenly decided
I was up too early.
I went for a little nap
which lasted 3 hours!


Oops! Guess I needed it.

Got up just as Judy came in the door,
and we decided to do the ever amazing chore
of laundry.
2 hours
and we washed dried and folded, 
AND
stopped at the grocery store 
to pick up some more
groceries for poor toothless John.
He says he is sick of pudding yogurt and jello.


He says he is pain free 
and has no headaches since they were removed!
We got the front lawn sidewalk 

edged, raked and composted.
To thank him for the hard work,
I made some seafood chowder
from scratch 
and he now realizes it is still too early
for foods that involve chewing.

He took me for a quick trip to the dollar store,
where I managed to get a few more items 
for the crop and a few things for Johns truck.



I did find my dining room table tonight.
So many door prizes...
but I like that I may have gotten them 
somewhat under control
at least for now.


Tomorrow I am hoping to get some
of the smaller finicky jobs done.....
Most won't take long but require me to think.

The countdown is 7 days!
If you want to help
with a door prize or cash donation
its never too late
to help.
We can always use a few volunteers too!

Good night from John Street.





Comments

Popular Posts