apr8

April 8th 2015

It is 8 days into the month
ALREADY
and I feel no sense of accomplishment.
I dreaded the big tasks ahead of me today.

I am a "new to this stage of life" mom,
who only just realized
that my child will soon be leaving.


I spend some days
happy in the fact that she is a strong person
who learned from the lessons life threw at her
and has come out the other end of her teenage life
the better for everything she has dealt with.

I spend some days
worried about her career choice
worried about her safety
and the world she will live in.

I spend some days
wondering if I did everything I could/should have
to make sure she was ready
for life on this planet
or if I sheltered her too much.

Other days
I just wonder ....


how I will convert her bedroom into a scrapbook room!

I was busy all day,
although a lot of what I did was monotonous.

mo·not·o·nous
məˈnätnəs/
adjective
  1. dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest.



but
it WAS coffee Wednesday 
and we had a lovely time
chatting, gossiping and making plans.
That was only till noon,
then it was to work for me.



I had Disney reservations to make, bills to pay,
items to receive from ebay,
a kitchen to clean, scrapbooking to put away,
and a crop to work on!

I had plenty of help 
from the online group to get me going,
and push me through when I wanted to stop.
I am quite happy with the results.


I started by not wanting to get up
and finished with a successful day.

Can't beat that!

Good night from John Street.


Comments

Popular Posts