apr5

April 5th 2015

Easter Sunday?????


Yup woke up with a smile,
stretched, yawned
then looked out the window.
Really???

I knew they had threatened it,
but snow? again?

How come when they forecast good weather 
it never happens the way they "predict".


So I crawled back in bed 
and hid under the covers for a while longer
(so did Judy)
and Shooter had no complaints about that idea.

I did finally dragged myself downstairs at 10am.

As we had our Easter dinner yesterday,
I was happy that no big meal was on my to do list,
no giant stack of dishes
or mess was left.
I came down to a reasonably clean home.
To which I said.....

"lets go!"

Judy took the time to sit and meticulously
decorate a dozen eggs
with a 24K gold finish. 


They were beautiful.
Tradition here is homemade mac and cheese
to eat the boiled eggs with 
**and hopefully I can talk Pam 
into making me some egg salad with the rest!!!!

I made a bacon wrapped meatloaf,
homemade mac and cheese casserole
and got the table set for 2pm.



My Easter surprise 
was Judy got called into work
and John made it home for supper!


He must have heard about the bacon wrapped meatloaf
or wanted more of last nights carrot cake!

He wasn't here long
but it was still nice that he made it back for
"Easter weekend part 2"!

BTW
meatloaf wrapped in bacon is a DEFINITE do again!


http://ourtestkitchen.blogspot.ca/2015/04/bacon-wrapped-meatloaf.html

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts