apr11

April 11th 2015


LOLOL
Next year at Scrapfest
I need a scooter or one of those walkers with seats.
 it is a lot more walking on hard cement floors.



John took valium last night and this morning 
to prepare for the teeth being extracted.

The prescription was only for 2 pills. 
No antibiotics for afterwards or pain killers!
I could only hope 
they would be giving us a prescription 
before he left the office.



I found the small amount of Tylenol 3
John has on hand jic,
and double checked with a pharmacist 
about compatability.
So at least he started the procedure
with some pain relief.

We also got his nicotine patch on,
he ate his last meal and a chocolate egg,
drank his last coffee.
We had to go get Judy in Aylmer 
so we did not just sit and wait. 
I have managed to get him to drink 3 bottles of water!!
That is probably more than he has drank all month.


He was there in time, 
and he was calmer than I was.
They brought him to the back 
and handed him yet ANOTHER water bottle!
hahahhahahahha
With the payments arranged,
Judy and I picked up all the medications
to keep him comfortable.
Next was groceries John would be able to eat.

We grabbed some lunch at Wendy's 
and Judy ran up to get her work uniform on 
as she wanted to come help pick him up.
When John was done..... 
the total bill for extraction was $2600!!!! 
Thank goodness for payment plans
and tax returns.



And we still have dentures!!!!

The estimate had been in 2 columns, 
when I seen it, 
I thought what she showed me, 
was that it would be one or the other NOT both added.

BUT, it doesn't matter, 
he already feels much better.

We got Judy to work
and I got John home and some pain killers in him.
I sent him outside for a little fresh air
one more bottle of water,
and then it was off for him to lay down.


His dentist said he was an excellent patient
but his teeth had super long roots
and one of them had 3 roots!

While he slept I put everything he can eat 
right where he can see it
and started a chart of all the meds 
he is taking and when.

His work has already
given him until Monday night 
before he has to go back to work
but the dentist has already written 
him a letter for extra days jic!



While he was sleeping 
I got my Scrapfest purchases put away,
sent reminder emails to 4 booths 
who thought they would like to pop in at the crop,
and relaxed.
I forgot how much energy you expel worrying 
and taking care of sick people.

When John got up
he said he was feeling ok, 
I made sure he ate some ice cream
which he was sure would cause pain,
but learned I did know what I was talking about.


He had 2 bowls.
The cold relaxed his very abused gums.
I gave him some more meds 
and he drank more water 
(5 bottles so far with very little fighting) 
so I gave him some lemonade/ice tea to enjoy.

He stayed awake but I kept him
laying on the sofa 
watching ALIAS.

I am not sure 
I would be as relaxed as he is,
but it still weird seeing him with no teeth
and his new voice!

It is almost time
to fight him into bed and the last of his meds
to sleep through the night.


I am sure Shooter will take good care of him again
and I hope tomorrow
is just as good for John.

Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts