November 1st 2019

I should have been a vampire!
I did more between 11pm and 3am
Than I did all day!

I so wanted to stay in bed
But I have coffee duties on thursday
With Dad at Valleyview.
AND a resident had asked for C batteries.
So a pit stop at Dollar Tree first.

Got Dad paratransit for Saturday
En-route.

I was all over Valleyview 
For some reason today,
And seeing the school kids 
costume parade was really fun.
I even got a chance to talk
To a few family members about
Joining family Council!

Rainy is the description for the day.
Cold wet and windy.

I stopped at the new shoe store
And apparently haven't bought
What is considered "decent shoes"
In quite a while!!!! Holy $$$$$$$$
I was actually looking for ballerina slippers.
Light! Cool! Soled! Flat!
We had a slow start... getting
The very attentive clerk to understand
Exactly what I wanted and where the
Problems would be in each $100++
Pair of shoes she showed me.
Even the manager was involved.
The type of slipper-shoe I was thinking of
They did not carry.. And I was about 
To give up when she gave me
A last try...
The ugliest Sketchers i had ever seen
And it was also perfect!
Black, so very light weight, flat, comfy!
I did not even think just bought.

I wandered into Dollar Tree
For a couple craft event items
And was not in a "shopping mood" .
Off to Staples then Burger King
As I realized I hadn't eaten yet!

Headed home with my chicken nuggets.

The house looked like a bomb went off
And that depresses me.
I made a couple aprons for the weekend
With matching hats,
Sealed my christmas cards -no photo
Or letters this year and put on my costume.

Took my niece out for Halloween.
Drove home and mailed my cards!

Walked in the door, looked around
And crashed in my chair - what a mess.
Got John off to work and sat irritated.
By 11pm I could not stand it anymore!

I thought "just this" but in a whirlwind
Of activity and sweat:

#1 Kitchen straightened up (and armoire storage cleaned up too.)
#2 Fall decorating all removed including wreaths
#3 back bathroom straightened 
#4 eggs boiled for egg salad! 
#5 2 bags of potatoes cooking in roaster. 
#6 just sat for a break. 
#7 all fall packed up in totes
#8 piled all craft event items in dining room
#9 living room back to normal 
#10 candy pulled out for event
#11 potatoes cooked and cooling. 
#12 eggs peeled and shredded (ty Tupperware meat grinder) 
#13 garbage out 
#14 meats out of freezer 
#15 dishwasher loaded counters wiped off
#16 load of laundry hung and another started 
#17 clothes away and hangers gathered 
#18 halloween costume stuff away 
#19 Another load of laundry hung 
#20 bed remade
#21 cleared stairway
#22 Meds taken and in bed by 2:30am

I was allowed a sleep in this morning
But woke at 7am.
So much to do today to get ready for
This weekend's craft event!
But exhausted won't help.
Nap time.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts