Nov 15th 2019

I got myself
All set up, chores done
And with a drink by 11.

I spent the whole day
Working on scrapbooking
Or scrapbook related chores.
Finally quit about 8pm.

Tomorrow is Saturday.
It is also the Santa Claus parade
Here in St Thomas.

This is the day that makes me think
Of family and the fond memories
I have, of traveling to Hamilton
To my Aunt Dolly's house so we 
Could walk to the end of her street
And set up blankets to watch
The parade go by.
No, no fancy travel mugs or Times,
Just some snowsuit wearing cousins
Sitting on a blanket while the Mom's
Froze their butts off behind.

Thank you Aunt Dolly for having us
And Mom and Aunt Laura for the memories.

I think John and I will walk down
To see the parade tomorrow night.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts