Nov 30th 2019

Up and in the shower by 7:30.
Everything ready to go.
Heated soup one last time
And off I headed with the last 3 bags
Including my project for the day.
Goal? 60 pages.

It was nice to walk in and have everything
Set up and ready to go.
Started the coffee, 
Greeted the croppers
And got breakfast out.

Everyone had arrived by 9
And had big plans for the day.
Everyone ALSO had tons of room too.
Impromptu events will only have 
15 guests maximum as long 
As we can get the Legion.

Great day,
Everyone had fun playing christmas trivia
And Christmas charades.
Lunch must have been good
Hardly anything left,
Back to work.

More trivia and charades,
And lots more accomplishment.
Dad came to visit.
Supper was great.
Made the door prize draws,
And had everything boxed up
To be put in my car.
(John was coming)

I sat down and sold a few gift certificates
Then counted my pages.
I was 8 away from accomplishing
The goal I set for myself.

At 7:45 I stood up
And announced I had done it.
60 pages (backgrounds with character features
But no photographs yet).

Packed up my stuff,
Said good bye to the last guests
And sat... And waited.
John finished packing the car
And sat... And waited.

Yup no staff left at the Legion!!!
There we sat wondering what to do!
He arrived finally
And I headed home.

Not as tired as I could be,
But definitely pooped,
As my partner in crime
Had to go to her job tonight
So I closed up shop alone.

The impromptu theme made that easy.
Muffins and juice for breakfast,
Homemade chicken soup 
And egg salad sandwiches for lunch
With donuts and pudding for dessert,
Cookies all day with coffee, 
Tea and hot chocolate...
Supper was pizza, salad and coffee cake.

I was right on the mark for ALMOST
All the food!
Happiness is feeding everyone
Without tons of leftovers!

A little R&R before heading 
To a well deserved night's sleep.

I am lock down after coffee with Dad,
John and I are hitting the decorating 
Of this house - hard for the next 2 days.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts