October 2nd 2019

Days just get away from me!

I did start strong yesterday
With some straightening up
Before doing book cart work
At Valleyview for 2 hours.

A pit stop at Food Basics
Got me all but 1 replacement bag
Of pasta for my cupboard.

Home for work clothes
Was disrupted by city workers
On our street again...
This time right in front of my driveway!

I found John in the garage
Where I told him to sleep for a while
While they worked out front.
It was already 1pm.

John and Judy were always
huge pasta dinner fans,
So John cut out a section of the
Kitchen wall and made a 3 shelf area
For 24 glass jars in which
I kept (and still keep) a diverse
Selection to choose from!
Now it is restocked.

When she was little
Judy was allowed to choose
The kind she wanted for supper
On spaghetti night.

That job took longer than planned
As I washed all the jars
And recovered the shelving too!
I even labeled the backs of the jars
So I can refill easily when
they become empty again.

I did manage to attack
a few of the organizing jobs on my list,
Some normal chores
And before bed emptied the cookbook area
And got it clean, will refill in the am.
I loaded and started dishwasher,
Hung a load of laundry
AND
Cleaned and organized my 3
Nightmare (lingerie) drawers!

Although it started as a beautiful day,
It was also a little too warm
For this girl to get any outside chores
Out of the way yesterday.
I even opted out of quarter auction!

Today is a mess of me being everywhere.
LDO
Oktoberfest party
Hopefully.... Listing all the pre-bought
gifts in storage and finalizing
the Thanksgiving dinner plans
( still on my to do list ),
Then out for a friend's birthday dinner
In London tonight.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts