October 29th 2019

I have been writing for several years now.

Originally prescribed 
As a way to release  feelings
And keep track of my health to boot.

I didn’t think I could keep a journal,
Really? Because I am lazy for one
And two I would feel the need to rewrite
It constantly if it go messy.

There have been some pretty great benefits 
In that this blog tells my story,
and I control what gets posted.
I have place to see what I have accomplished
and have a placeo to unleash my creativity. 

What it also does is point out
How mundane my life seems.
Up, laundry, dishes, straighten, cook,
More dishes.....
When I was younger
The vision I had of my life
Did not involve millions of dollars
But I am sure it did not cross my mind
That keeping the kitchen clean
Would be a satisfying moment
In my life either.

Reality check,
I need to face it,
I crave something more... interesting
Than keeping up with the laundry!
I really miss working.
At least there you had people to talk to
And change daily!

Something for me to ponder
As I start a load of laundry
And make the grocery list.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts