October 3rd 2019

Yesterday was what it was.
A busy day,
A fun day,
And then a day from hell.

I was up early,
So did a few minimal chores
And got to LDO by 9:30.
By 11:30 I had recut a stack of paper
Into 2 albums!
That may be the fastest I ever did that!

Chatted for a bit,
Then off to get a police check done,
Followed by an Oktoberfest pub
With Dad at Valleyview.

Home to finish wrapping gifts,
Make John some supper
And a short rest
Before heading out the door
For a birthday party for my brother.

The Mandarin is always expensive,
But I probably ate about 5lbs of shrimp
So I feel I got my $$$ worth.
Fun dinner with some fun people.

On the way to the car
I doubled over with a flash cramp.
Weird. Had another on the way home.
Weirder. Actually had to stop
My car on my Street - 2 houses away
From my driveway because the pain
Was so intense I could not focus.

John helped me get my stuff inside
And by 8pm I was asking for my 
*real pain killers.
This was the single worst attack 
I have had in 5 years or more,
And it came out of the blue.
John tucked a cozy me into bed
Before heading off to work
And I watched old Carol Burnett
Shows until I fell asleep.

I slept until 10 this morning
When John came home.
I had planned to do some errands
Around London after coffee at Valleyview,
But last night I found someone to cover
For the coffee shift and I am staying put
Until I have to leave for Remicade at 4pm.

The pain killers are strong
And I am a little "woozy" so I might just
Tak a nap first!

Good morning from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts