October 11th 2019

Where did yesterday go?

Showered, packed up Dollartree items 
and out the door...
I was headed for Valleyview for 10am.

When I arrived,
Someone else was doing coffee
And Dad was sleeping!

So I talked to the Valleyview kitchen
Who will get silverware and plates
For us to use instead of paper and plastic
At Monday's dinner, 
organized the store shelves 
with what I had brought
And decided to go pick up
What was missing at Dollartree.

Back to Valleyview
Put everything away and priced it
But still no Dad and it was lunchtime.
Gathered up all the donated cards,
Loaded them up
Stopped at Dollartree for organizers
And headed home.

Once home I ate lunch
Then set about organizing everyday cards
Into 14 baskets.
Eliminating one's without envelopes
And setting aside all christmas.

This took one and a half movies.

After labeling all the baskets,
I was back to Valleyview 
to put the baskets away
And found Dad sitting talking
In the front lobby drinking coffee.

Short visit as it was suppertime
And had to make my 4th trip
To Dollartree in 24 hours!!!
I needed 3 oversize bins
For the Christmas cards
And half of what I put out in the store
Was already sold!!!!!!!

Made short work of finishing this job
And took time to clean up, discard
Unuseable and recycle the leftovers.

We decided to bbq burgers
Because it was such a nice day,
So I made a macaroni salad
To go with them.

We ended the night with banana splits.

Today I have a lot of small jobs:
Bake 9 mini loaves of bread
Then drop off at a fundraiser,
Drop off the organized cards,
Pick up the 3 spiral bound cookbooks,
Coffee at Mom's,
Calligraphy names on placecards,
Finalize what is needed for Thanksgiving,
Pay for hall, 
Finally make ham wrapped asparagus
And make this weekend's plans!

Better rest up now before I start.
Good morning from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts