October 14th 2019

Dad was amusing
Yesterday morning cracking jokes.
He was pretty excited about
Tomorrow's dinner!
So we stayed later than usual.

Got home to make crop bread,
played catch with Tink
And trimmed the euonymous
Until he was picked up.
John was busy with a "black walnut"
Project he is starting.

To be fair, I was lazy
So it was a late attack on my to do list.
I did get the kid's gifts ready
And then sat around until 4pm
When I decided I needed to get started.

My jobs for dinner tomorrow:
Green beans from garden
Cherry tomatoes from garden
Cucumbers cut (not done yet)
Squash
Brocolli
Brussel sprouts
Scalloped cheesy potatoes
Carrots
Honey mustard carrots and zuchinni
Ham in pineapple juice
Roasted turkey cooked and deboned
Gravy (not done yet)
Extra Stuffing
Roasted chicken cooked and deboned
GF gravy (not done yet)
GF stuffing
Smoked turkey brined and smoking
Jello with carrots
Jello with bananas
Treats both GF and regular boxed

Only one or two hiccups.
Around 6pm I had a painful Crohn's attack 
but thankfully it lasted less than an hour.

Not one to accept a lack of pain,
Around 8 I spun around, kicked John's
Steel toe boots (why was he wearing them?)
And broke my baby toe.
This toe has been broken so many times
I am sure it looks like a jigsaw puzzle.

Now I am happy to say we were all done
Even with the incidents...
Garbage\recycling out, dishes done
And food refrigerated before 1am.

Today the only "cooking"
 I have to do is make gravy!!!!
So we slept in.

We have to transport this all there
And then set up a table for 30.
Yeah.
But I have until 3pm to do that!

Happy Thanksgiving from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts