July 1

07-01-2018

Happy Canada Day.

Managed to get up
and to church on time this morning.
Then a quick Timmies stop
And off to Valleyview.

I was greeted by a room
Full of residents!
They must have remembered
I promised Pina Colada's today!

2 pots of coffee
And a blender of Pina Colada's later,
Everyone slowly left
The front lobby.

Dad headed out to pick a cucumber
And show off his decorated gazebo,
While Mom set up lunch
(It was her turn this week).

We drove Mom home
And stopped for gas
Before heading out
To get John's cigarettes.

Well it has sunk in,
John is home all week.
He asked what project
And I said my craft room.

As we headed for home
We decided,
Gutt the room,
And refinish the floors first.

So,
We stopped and bought the stain
And the clear coat finish,
And some groceries.

Finally got home,
Groceries away,
We got some
"Seriously summer clothing" on
And plopped on our bed.

It happens to be an air conditioned room.
John passed out right away.
I read.

John headed off to do man stuff,
Once he woke up again.
I stripped the bed,
Packed some of my suitcase
And hung up some clothes.

After a bbq burger supper,
We threw the living room rug
Over the fence, doused it in soap
And washed it down.

I headed back up to continue
Straightening the closet and bedroom,
While he did some more
"Guy stuff" with a neighbour.

Laundry is all downstairs,
Sorted and ready to be done,
EVEN the first laid got started.

Half of a pedicure later,
It is time to settle relax
And try to get some sleep.

Big plans for tomorrow.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts