june13

June 13th 2016


What a grand day,
an exhausting day,
a fun day.

Up for a phone call at 9am
meant I had extra time
to get ready for our road trip.
Sadly,
having wanted to go Tuesday
my passengers were more keen
to travel today,
so the road trip was only one vehicle.



I learnt today,
that taking highway 3 for 50 minutes
lands me at one of the most
amazingly decorated stores
I have had the pleasure of being at
in a long time.

Paper Angels Studio in Blenheim
https://www.facebook.com/Paper-Angel-Studios-245998805442931/photos
or
http://www.paperangelstudios.ca/

had us from the moment we arrived.
We spent over an hour
wandering the store which encircles
the most amazing crop space
in a very comfortable temperature
with an amazingly helpful staff.

The girls and I ended up
at Venus diner for lunch,
did a bit of small town,
downtown shopping
and then back on the road home
JUST as the temperature started dropping.

Arriving home before 4pm
John finished painting my new door,
while I made supper,
then we watched Grumpy Old Men
and Grumpier Old Men.
That movie set just cracks me up.

Exhausted,
we both went to bed
John because he works at midnight
and me because I was almost asleep
just sitting on the sofa.

Now at 11:30 I am wide awake
and doing some laundry
and who knows what else.

I will take my leave for the night,
refraining from a third night
blogging from my soap box!

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts