feb24

February 24th 2015

I hate really really cold days.
My body does not like
really hot
or really cold.


I am well aware that I live in Canada.
I am aware it is February
and Canada has snow,
but buried in 3 foot snowbanks...
is making me a little insane
and I am starting to hermit-ize.
I want out...
but I hate boots and coats and mitts.
I want to play
but I like summertime parties 
and barbeques.


I always pictured frosty 
as a roly, poly, friendly giant.
A beloved, wonderful character 
in a Christmas story I love.
Lately though,
I have been thinking of him more like this:


It will be lovely 
talking about summer harvests
and fresh vegetables 
and cooking plans
tomorrow at coffee with the girls.
Went for my weekly walk again tonight.
For the third week in a row,
I managed to walk 1 km in 30 minutes.
I am not getting any farther ahead
but not falling behind either.

Now that I have that in place 
and I am trying to eat better,
I would like very much to start cooking.
I would love to take a cooking course.

One step at a time.

February 24 
is the 55th day of the year 
in the Gregorian calendar
There are 310 days remaining until the end of the year.

Good night from John Street.







Comments

Popular Posts