feb 27

February 27th 2015

Nothing too exciting to report today.
Just a small rant.

I love my family.
My husband,
my daughter,
immediate,
adopted,
extended,
nieces and nephews,
great nephews,
fake,
scrapbooking,
I love all of the people I call my family.


But on occasion,
a trucker's wife feels taken advantage of!
Not because her trucker did something specific
or even on purpose.
He usually is not even be aware he did it,
because me, the truckers wife,
myself - put the expectation in play.

My husband,
of 24 years, 
god love him,
has been my partner for 27!
He has been driving truck for 15 years now.
I should know better.


In that time,
he has never ever learnt
that when he says he will  be somewhere,
my mind already has jumped to plans
of things we can do together.

Such is the case today!
He drives truck and for some reason, 
he assumes, not only that I can read his mind,
that I actually understand how far away
"just off" or "in a bit"
actually is.


So when he said,
I will be home tomorrow morning,
I actually,
from experience,
made no plans for the actual morning.
I did however think we could maybe do lunch.

So, when I FINALLY seen him arrive
at 2:15 in the afternoon,
and commented on this faux pas,
he tried to explain that I do not understand 
how far or how long things take.


Truck drivers are notoriously dense.
I have met lots.
"See you later" could mean in an hour, a day 
or even a month!
BUT
"See you in the morning"
is pretty specific

Morning is the period of time between dawn and noon. 
Morning precedes afternoon,evening and night in the sequence of a day

pretty specific!

Ok rant over. 

We ended up not going out for lunch,
but instead 
got Judy off to her winter bush camp weekend 


and had a relaxing evening 
with a pasta diner
NCIS and some ice cream!
Early to bed and a relaxing sleep.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts