Tuesday September 9th 2014

Be honest! 
You  know you have thought it. You open your facebook page and right there, glaring at you is an overtly religious statement, a political load of crap, a one sided statement OR worse yet a post passed on that says "if you don't pass this on..........."

On Sunday 
I went on and rearranged some of my facebook settings, re-adding people to my main wall that for one reason or another had been removed from it. I did not unfriend them, just had chosen to not read everything they posted. 
"I" indeed may be that person for some people, and it does not offend me at all if they chose to do this. ANYWAY, I added everyone back. 

Do you know what I learnt from this apparent waste of my time?

They were not there, on my screen, for a reason!

I am a woman who does not need to know what is going on in countries I do not live in. I like being oblivious to the local and national political scene, I believe everyone has a right to read what they like and post what they feel is necessary to make themselves happy. I also believe......
I don't need to read it all.
I like my little world. I do not watch nor read the news, unless it is about the English Royals announcing their 2nd pregnancy (yay), or a dog who traveled a bazillion miles to return home, or Disney's latest movie premiere. 

I CHOOSE to be happy. I choose to donate and support the charities I believe in. I believe in God and his mercy. I believe I, and everyone else, have a cross to bear, and I'd like to celebrate the days that someone helps me carry mine. 
NOT spend my time developing ulcers about something I have no prayer of doing anything about, because for those things I pray.

I do not "like" unless I mean it. I do not "share" unless I sincerely feel this will better that persons life!

I prefer humorous cartoons and retro sayings to funny pictures of cats who have wedged themselves into vases (but that was super funny too).


There is so much of our lives that IS controlled by outside forces, things we HAVE to face and HELP solve in our daily life, that I guess I use facebook as a tool to keep in touch with those closest to me.  

I do not need a phone call to ask where my husband is because 3 rigs have been in a huge crash on the 401, anymore than I need to read some of the items people post. Or good grief what level of farmville they are on now.

I do not need 4,000 friends. I do not NEED to have my friends friends, family and cousins as my friends. As a matter of fact most of the husbands of my friends  never make my friends list.

I do not add you because I know  who you are. I add you because of who  you are.

When I am having a bad day, I need to know when I open facebook I will not be accosted with stories of war, horror, abuse or opinions laced with hate. 




BUT I would not mind seeing that cat again. Seriously, have you ever seen that site? 

http://www.boredpanda.com/funny-cats-if-it-fits-i-sits/


I found and liked this today:


Admit it.
You aren’t like them. You’re not even close.
You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them,
watch the same mindless television shows as they do,
maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes.

But,
it seems that the more you try to fit in,
the more you feel like an outsider,
watching the “normal people”
as they go about their automatic existences.

For every time you say club passwords like;
“Have a nice day” and
“Weather’s awful today, eh?”,
you yearn inside to say forbidden things like;
“Tell me something that makes you cry” or
“What do you think deja vu is for?”.

Face it,
you even want to talk to that stranger in the elevator.
But what if that stranger in the elevator is thinking the same thing?

Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger?
Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle.
Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence.
Trust your instincts. 




Do the unexpected. 

Find the others…


Quote by Timothy Leary



Good Night

Comments

Popular Posts