Thursday September 4th 2014

I realized a long time ago that stress made me shop! That if I was sad, happy, angry or in pain, shopping made me happy. So a lot of (mostly) unnecessary items were bought and a lot of money wasted. Upon realizing I did this, I curbed my stress shopping to the grocery stores. At least we would eat well. NOW when something is wrong or hurts I turn to food. If not shopping then cooking or baking. I am not a stress eater. I cook all this and then want nothing to actually eat. Thank goodness John and Judy are good eaters.


I got a call from my parents today. Dad has 2 blocked arteries in his neck which require stents. This is the reason he would just "go away" in mid conversations or completely lose memories, and why he couldn't walk properly last week. This will require immediate surgery.



So, off to the kitchen I went...... Pulled all the leftover bits and pieces out of the freezers and fridges and got to cooking a huge meal for John and Judy tonight. We had potato crusted chicken casserole and a fresh fruit cocktail made of nectarines, watermelon, cantaloupe. some raspberries and grapes in a pineapple juice, served with white chocolate cherry whip cream.

A few years ago, when I started this cooking pattern, a few friends created a food blog where we posted the recipes we tried http://ourtestkitchen.blogspot.ca/ Some are really awesome! It is a great place to get dinner ideas. I posted my casserole there already.

John tucked me in on the sofa with some pain medication and he watched the second last Once Upon a Time DVD while I played games on the computer in the a/c of the tv room.

John is thinking of some golf tomorrow, and I am probably being placed back on the sofa. I have to vendor a crop on saturday, so rest is a good idea. I think I will continue my cooking spree with ham and scallop potatoes tomorrow.

Thank everyone for the prayers being sent. Will keep you updated as soon as I have more news.

Good night




Comments

Popular Posts