Monday September 15th 2014

I was thinking this morning. {I know, what a shock, "I" was thinking.}

What if humans came with an expiry date tatoo'd on their forearm? You know, like a package of bread has on its tag. Best before........







I am a list maker. I LOVE all things lists and post it notes.

Those things are what helps me get through a tough day.
My TO DO list is varied.
Of course it has the "paint the kitchen" and "gut the basement" kind of items, some easy jobs like "sweep floors" and "clean out tupperware cupboard". But I also add jobs like "make bed" and "pull supper out of freezer" so I will have attainable jobs I can accomplish, even on a bad day.

This morning I woke up and it was cool outside. Beautiful! but cool. I was lying all snuggled up in the comforter with Shooter, trying to talk myself into getting up. (even though I was super comfortable). That is when I started thinking...
If I knew I had X number of days left, would it change my thoughts about staying in bed? If you knew your days were numbered would you change HOW you spent them? Would you change who you spent them with? Would sweeping the floor take priority in my days?

I have spent SOOOOOOOO much of my life time IN BED, but I was ill, or recovering. Although on some of those days I knew I needed to be there, I never took the time to ENJOY the rest or my super snuggly blanket.



I think my TO DO list will occasionally have a "stay in bed and read for the day" on it.



That used to be a gift I got at Christmas. No matter what else I received, I got the new Dean R Koontz novel and a box of turtles... and 24 hours of bed time somewhere between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. I was usually snuggled up in new pjs and possibly enjoying new sheets or a new pillow. The greatest gift was time to recuperate after the holiday season.

I would hate for my expiry date to come up and me NOT have enjoyed at least one day of "bed" for no reason other than I was comfortable. I would hate that my daughter never knew what it felt like, taking a day like that.

Today was a TO DO list contest. I often write the list and then accomplish very little. Today I did a lot of jobs in a short period of time and then got lazy. I need to find a bunch of projects to do FROM the SOFA!!!!!! Amongst other things I helped Judy with a project, made swap kits for scrapbooking and cloroxed the computer keyboards, tables and screens.

Nothing more exciting to report.

I think it is an early night. Maybe a snuggle down with a book.

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts