Monday September 22nd 2014


So most people in St Thomas

know me as Disney Deb.
Some of my friends' kids
knew that name before my given name!


Most everyone knows I would rather live in a cardboard box on Main Street USA than in a mansion on a caribbean island. I love all that Disney World provides. I love visiting characters, going on rides, eating in the restaurants and love the fireworks.





Upon arrival on the Disney property,
I start smiling.
We drive under this gate
and I know my vacation has started.




The property itself makes me happy. The beautiful grounds, the fun street names and all those palm trees. I love the themed hotels and wish I could arrange a vacation long enough to enjoy not only the parks, restaurants and characters, but long enough for me to also get to visit all the hotels! Each hotel has its own charm, its own special pool area and specialty restaurants. Some I have seen, others I have not yet had a chance to explore.



I want to have enough time to go para-sailing and jet skiing in the lagoon.

I want to ride bikes on the Boardwalk and watch the dueling pianos.

I want to eat a kitchen sink sundae (again).

I want to swim in the sand bottom pool and go in the pirate pool one more time.



Even having been to Disney as many times as I have, I have not been able to see and do everything there is to do there. Some of our vacations have been up to 18 days and STILL I have not seen everything. I have even taken a day off and been lucky enough to go air boating in the Florida swamps. (and drove it too) I have had the opportunity to visit many of the other Orlando area theme parks. Last year I even held an alligator!



A Disney vacation for me is like a giant step out of reality. No other vacation has equaled my Disney vacations. My preplanning enables us to go stress free. We pay for everything ahead of time. We leave nothing to chance and we have a budget! No credit cards to make wild impulse purchases.



It is almost like a sickness. Once I went once, I actually HAD to go again. BUT not everyone feels this way! I have heard everything from people saying they "seen Disney" in a 5 day trip, to people hating the whole trip because they decided to go at Christmas. (it is too busy) I have heard complaints about heat and extra costs because they did not research even the basics. I am aware that the Disney planners are not stupid. Absolutely every single thing is aimed at target audiences to make you WANT everything that is for sale. They come to me with tales of outrageous costs for food and hotels, but did not look into the deals out there or for the times that are quieter for Canadians to go. I am cheap. I do a LOT of research even now after 12 trips.



No matter what they try to sell  or how "commercial" Disney tries to become it always makes me so happy to be there. I do not approve of beer on the popcorn carts... but it is, after all a business.



My husband would never ever admit it, but the whole time we are there, even he is happier, gentler and for the most part relaxed as well. Especially when I include golf for him!

I would love to have a chance to let everyone I know and love do Disney the way I do it. To embrace the nicer restaurants, and the hidden places of Disney parks and hotels. The Disney I know. The vacation experience, when done right, is amazing.



So, with a heavy heart, knowing I am not going for another couple years, I have done all I can to ensure Charlotte and Mom have a wonderful 7 night vacation at All Star Music in Disney World Florida.




In just 26 hours they will depart with Robert Q.  I wish them many smiles and fun photos, and maybe while they are watching the "wishes" fireworks.... they will make a little wish for me! So I can return to MY happiest place on earth.



Good Night.




Comments

Popular Posts