Friday September 26th 2014

I am happy to report, resting this week has helped my head cold.
I have been going to sleep early and sleeping late, taking the meds, and relaxing.
Now I am inspired to "DO" stuff.

For a day that was supposed to be quiet, and relaxing...
it turned out to be a very busy accomplishing day.




Inspirational photo






Completed Project










Last week I finally got around to organizing the lunch cupboard IN a drawer. We have tried many places but when I seen the drawer organizing idea..... I jumped on it. It is perfect and too obvious for my teen to make a huge mess in!

It started out simple enough today. I decided to take it easy and do chores while resting from this stupid head cold and watch NCIS season 2. I would make the labels for my new tupperware cannisters that arrived yesterday.

This turned out to be just the start of the insanity that has me rewriting this at 2am.




Inspirational photo












Completed project
I LOVE IT!







After seeing the inspiration photo, I decided to make a quick trip to Dollarama, and remarkably found the perfect size containers (37 to be exact) to recreate this spice organizing system in my kitchen.
Organized, labeled, and sealed AND in the drawer right beside my stove.
Therefore they are reachable.

I love the cleaning system.
Cleaning one area and getting it organized, means having another area that is either messy or empty.
This provides me with another project that I can work on finding an inexpensive and hopefully awesome way to organize it.

Like crackers. Rarely does a whole box get eaten. So years ago I bought a bunch of containers for them, but, where to store them.




Inspirational photo










Completed project






This WAS where the spices used to be! Now I can reach the crackers. THIS shelf is not so deep that "stuff" can be shoved behind the containers and FINALLY I can reach my starfrit apple peeler and french fry maker. Benefit to fall cleaning is you find all kinds of 1/2 empty bags of stuff NO ONE ever intends to eat. SO, although all those containers are empty in the picture........ refill items are on the list for grocery day and labels will be made tomorrow when the containers are completely dry.

The kitchen cupboards we chose when we bought the house 15 years ago, included 2 corner cupboards. They tend to be junk cupboards but....... Thanks to a creative purchase of tupperware they are now organized and filled.


cooking






baking



Tomorrow my cupboard above the stove is on the block. It tends to be a fall out shelter for all things dessert or that have no real home........ until I find a great inspirational photo like this:



THIS is the goal.
A nicely organized cupboard.
AND I love the place for measuring cups as they lost their home to the spices! Awesome.

I may even get to the laundry basket of miscellaneous medications that need a home. I think I know where I want them and this may be exactly the inspiration I need......



that back drawer better watch out.....


This stuff needs a home and that back cabinet is a whole lot of

JUNK storage.....









My Christmas wish is for this.




I would like to get rid of the current island and put this lovely piece of furniture in its place.

Beautiful eh? I love it. I have wanted this for YEARS.

Maybe all this cleaning and reorganizing will make Santa rethink about my Christmas gift.

Good Night


UPDATE! Saturday September 27th 2014




Very proud of my accomplishment!

Comments

Popular Posts