Sept 28

09-28-2018

Welcome to the day
My body did NOT want to function.

I somehow damaged my left hand,
More of a bad "strain?"
Anyway using it was painful.
Every inch of my body
Was aching and my back so sore.

Getting up was not a problem,
And I was off to the races
Right away!!!!

Did a load of laundry,
Emptied my car,
Prepped supper
And then off to Timmies.

Met Dad in the lobby at Valleyview
And we were off to clay art class.
He did a fantastic job
Making yet another homemade
Christmas gift!!!

Left there and off to the condo
For Friday coffee.
We had some lunch
And then all headed over
To the Legion to start setting up
For tomorrow's crop.

Set up took till 5:30
And as soon as I left realized
3 things I forgot to do.

I came home
To relax for 15 minutes
And to process the fact
That my awesome dog Shooter
Needs to be put down.
I will miss him.

Off to the dollar store
And then the grocery store
For the last items I need
For tomorrow's meals.

Naturally it started raining
While I was in the store
And my sun roof AND windows
Were all wide open.... Nice.

Home I found places
To store everything until morning.
Supper was scalloped potatoes and ham
And we were almost done
When we had visitors.

They left,
And then so did John.

Costume ready,
Foil wrapped 75 potatoes,
Last 100 tickets made,
Car packed with non refrigerator items, dishwasher running,
clothes out for tomorrow,
(Advil packed),
setting alarm now.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts