Sept 29

09-29-2018

How can it be,
I wondered while standing
In the shower just now,
That 15+ hours had gone by
Since I had been in that exact spot?!?

I was up and going by 7am.
Showered, dressed and car packed,
AND on my way to get change
At the bank.

I pulled in the parking lot
And my sous chef and I
started laughing as the 8am
Church bells started ringing.
We were EXACTLY on time.

The first job is to get coffee ready,
Get breakfast munchies out
- fresh fruit and timbits-
And get the vendors set up.

Our scrapbookers were arriving
Before we were ready,
But just before 9am,
We gave up and opened the doors.

Once I welcomed everyone,
I went and hid in my kitchen
And even sat down for a bit!!!!!

Handed out booby prizes,
Chatted and visited.

Lunch was served in 2 shifts
Of 30 hungry women.
We had an amazing
Turkey and rice soup,
Lunch meat, cheeses and buns,
Chips, coleslaw and finally
Rice Kristie squares, and lemonade.

We made fast work of cleaning up,
And took an hour break.

Time to sell raffle tickets,
Time to put out 3pm snacks,
A bit of time selling
My 50 cent items
And all of a sudden it was time
To get supper going.

Supper was served in 2 shifts too.
30 ladies at a time had:
Bbq chicken quarters, baked potatoes
With several toppings to choose from,
Carrot coins, salad and cauliflower
With a candy table, cake and cookie
Tray and ice cream cups
With a Berry spritzer to drink.

I got the leftovers packaged
And most of the kitchen clean
When John arrived and was willing
To finish the kitchen.

Off I went
To announce winners of over 150
Auction items!!!!!!!!

When I was done.....
I was done and needed to sit.
But
It was time to clean up.

It went surprisingly smoothly and
We were home by 9:40!!!!
14 hours had flown by!
I never even got to shop!

I crashed, curled up in a ball
In a chair when I got home.
Every muscle in my body
Is screaming at me.

So,
A shower, pjs and in bed
On 2 robaxacet...
Sleep, quiet muscles

And a day gone by.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts