Sept 30

09-30-2018

I was still very sore
When I heard the alarm.
John managed to unlink my back
And I got up and dressed
For coffee at Valleyview.

My turn to provide lunch
So we packed up the curry
And plates and headed out.
We had a full car.
Shooter, Tinker and us.

John did coffee today.
I could not face serving.
Dad was not feeling well
And we sent him back
To go to bed.
Turns out, he has cellulitis.
Ugh more anitbiotics.

We got home,
Looked around and that was it.
Neither of us could stand
The huge mess that
Our house has become.

So, work clothes on,
We tackled one mess at a time.
Slowly.... 5 and a half hours slowly
We were finally hanging
A picture that needed to be hung
Since my birthday in april!

We ordered pizza
And relaxed in our clean house
Before John got a visitor.

I continued my cleaning spree
Until just now,
When I put the last shirt away
And got the bed made.

John is taking the "putting down"
Of Shooter much harder than me.
Tomorrow morning
When I leave for Remicade,
Will be my last moments with him.

I will keep busy
And remember how good he could be
And how much he adored me
And that this will end his suffering.

I am thoroughly pooped now.
Meds, pjs and bed.
Ugly o'clock will be here
Before you know it.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts