June 10

06-10-2018

Oh! My! Gosh!
What a great day.

Slept till 9,
Recovering from
A great wedding reception
For Angela and John.

Packed up,
As we were moving to a suite,
Because our lovely room mates
Were headed home today.
We had been in a 2 bedroom suite.

Some items in the car,
We headed to check out,
And they comped us the difference
And we could stay in the 2 bedroom!
Yay!

Off to breakfast,
Where French toast was part
Of the big buffet (one of my favourites)
So yumm yummm yummmm.

Said good bye to our friends
And we were off to gas up the car
And head for Halliburton for the day.

The 2+ hour drive and a good GPS
Got us to the wold preserve about 1pm.
From the outside,
I was a tad disappointed\worried
That we had come a long way for.....

Wow! I almost peed myself
when we went inside!
A gift shop (naturally)
A museum of artifacts,
And a taxidermy collection of local wildlife,
A theater where you could choose
Any wolf documentary you wanted,
A long hall of viewing windows
AND
A huge glassed in room
With sound!
To watch when the wolves came out.

And today was the day!
There are 9 wolves in this pack
And they were all out today!!!!!!!!!!
They entertained me for over 2 hours
And I took almost 400 pix (unedited).

We saw a play fight,
We seen the baby (1 year),
We watched Mom take her daughter
Down a notch!
We watched them fight over moose bones,
Wrestle.... I even saw 2 hug
And whimper at each other!

Loved! Loved Loved!
Well worth the trip
And John was so happy to learn
about how they were taken care of etc.

An uneventful trip back to Whitby
But a beautiful drive,
And wonderful temperatures to do it.

Spent the night,
Fighting to get photos off my SD cards.

John has eaten almost everything
We have in this room! Hahhahah

I will fight with posting wolf pix
This week.
For now the wedding pix are up.

Tomorrow the Ripley's Aquarium!

Good night from Whitby

Comments

Popular Posts