May 21

05-21-2018

Yesterday I was sunburnt...

So today I am.....
Toasted??? Lol

We were up
And outside drinking coffee by 10.

There is sooooo much to do
To make our back yard
The imagined sanctuary
We envision every year.

The 3 yards of garden soil
Has now been moved
And our front yard leveled.
John had fun using his garden tractor.

We moved the greenhouse over
And I planted all the seeds
For the garden this year!

We cleared the fence line of weeds
And trimmed a few more lilacs,
But we have no more room
In either of the 2 composters! Hahhahah
So we loaded a wheelbarrow.

The load of wood I ordered
Is moved out of the driveway
And piled neatly near the bonfire pit.

Furniture and yard back in order,
Tools gathered and put away,
And pets "dragged" inside
From their sunbathing.

Sidewalks all swept,
Garage locked down,
I sent John to the showers
And then for a nap at 3pm...
He works tonight.

I showered next
And treated my second day sunburn
And then got on some pyjamas
To sit and relax for a bit.

At 6pm
I flattened 2 chicken breasts
By slamming them with a frying pan
Like they do on cooking shows.

I made rice and carrots,
While John bbq'd some supper.
I also made an applesauce panzarotti.

Over coffee we laughed
About a couple of tv shows.

Now I am hot, tired
And ready for bed.
John is ready to leave for work.

I am unsure of what tomorrow
Is on my to do list.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts