March 4

03-04-18

Still tired,
But up and on time for church,
Coffee at Valleyview
And then Dad's party.

The word for today forgiveness.

Something I heard today if:
That forgiveness is a gift you give.
It may never be acknowledged
Or even understood by anyone else
But in the end
Only you can forgive those
Who have hurt you.

In every life are people
Who displease you,
People who do not live up to your expectations,
People who may have hurt you,
People who did not even know
They stole that parking spot,
That promotion or the guy at the bar.

People who are your bosses
Inadvertently hurt those around them
Due to the nature of their job.

Family who let you down,
And friends who dissappoint.

So now, this week
I am going to list the people
That I feel I need to forgive.
And maybe some I need to ask
To forgive me.

And so goes on my search
For the life I want at 50.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts