Jan 21

01-21-18

Shoot me for being crazy.

I was on my phone
making a grocery list before 8am.
Out of the house,
Dressed WITH makeup on
Well before 9,
Grabbed a tea and was off to see Dad.

After much ado,
The nurse, Dad and I all agreed
That he still wasn't well enough
To make the trip for the party today.

I was headed for groceries by 10am!

A carload of "necessities"
And off to the checkout lines.
John was at home doing chores
"He said" he would do yesterday
And did not.

Home again,
I gave him a couple chores
And set myself up at the counter
Prepping all the food for the open house.

Finished the last cut just as I heard
The first knock at the front door!

Kept busy feeding everyone
And checking all 3 group areas
around the house and 1 in the garage.

Funny "recycled gift exchange"
And much story telling, laughter
And hunting for the pickle.

It took till 11:30
To get the house back in order
And dishes clean.

Now I am too pooped to even go get
A robaxacet before bed!

Good night and Merry Christmas
From John Street

Comments

Popular Posts