Jan 1

01-01-18

Happy New Year!

Up and off
To a lovely brunch meeting
With the book club girls.

We planned out our 12
Monthly meetings
And chatted for a couple's hours!
(And could've gone longer
But I had to get cooking)

Today was our Christmas.
Alterations included:
Precooking everything
Bringing everything to Valleyview
Setting up an area near the tree
That looked like a living room
And a dining room.

I got everything cooked and prepped
And loaded in the car.
I was set up and ready
By 4 pm... where we sat waiting
For the MIA daughter to show up.

It was not to be.
I have spent 6 months making excuses
And forgiving lame reasons
Allowing myself to be okay
With being just another person in her life.

We spent time opening gifts
And laughing at joke presents,
Ate a huge turkey and Ham meal
Complete with all the trimmings.

Finished the night with Dad
Handing out the gifts he personally chose
For everyone who showed up.

Took some work
Int he chilly night air
But got everyone loaded up
And headed home.

John and I headed to bed early
And I am just going to start reading
For a bit to calm down
And restart 2018 with a new attitude.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts