Jan 18

01-18-18

I am finding it harder
And harder to get up by 9am.
I have no problem waking up.
I just can't get started,
I fall back to sleep.
John figures my body
Is in hibernation mode.....

Once I did get up,
I was a going machine!
I delivered a long overdue Christmas gift,
Banking, got gas, picked up donuts
And got to Valleyview before 10:30!

His wing is on lockdown,
And I am blacklisted as I have just
Had a Remicade infusion
And so have no immune system left.
I sent Martin's Boston cream
Down to his room,
But decided to mask up
And wave to Dad from his doorway.

When I got there,
Something seemed off.
So I went in careful not to touch him
Or anything in his room.
I gave him his donut,
And told him to take a deep breath
And I could hear it!

The rattle in his lungs was back.
I immediately got a nurse
And after a few bit more testing,
The antibiotics were administered
Withing the hour.

He feels ok. No fever. Sugars are a bit high,
But otherwise he is ok.
Oxygen is not necessary but the order
Is in place if he needs it.

I left there and headed
To Giant Tiger for a few basics
And the stuff to make lasagna!
Success on many levels
And a couple good deals too!!!

Met a friend for coffee.
Not sure what is in a NYC latte,
But I know I liked the 2 I had!!!!!
Nice talk and headed home.

Lasagna.
Love it. Expensive to make properly.
But
I do it in bulk so it is one big mess
And lots of meals!

I ended up with:
Supper tonight,
A double serving for Mom
And 2 leftover servings
For us this weekend.
8 loaf pan lasaganas
And enough sauce and cheese left
To meal up some homemade manicotti
I received at christmas.

I got the dishes all done,
Handwashed because the dishwasher
Has some label stuck somewhere,
And got the food into the freezer.
Did a couple loads of laundry,
Hauled out the garbage and recycling
From all the cooking,
Finished the Disney decor
And cleaned the front porch,
Cleared (yay) the dining room table,
Bagged up the bread in
Someone gave us for Grace Cafe,
And even had a little time
To sit with hubby and watch tv.

Dinner was delicious!
John smiled through his 2 large pieces!

Now,
Bedtime for this pooped person.

Good night from John Street
Where I am apparently hibernating.

Comments

Popular Posts