Jan 25

01-25-18

A busy day to say the least
and tomorrow looks the same!

I did not want to crawl
out of my comfy bed,
but Mom's ultrasound was at 10:30
and she wanted a ride.

I dropped her off
and headed for Timmies
and then Valleyview to see Dad.
Donut Thursday is tradition now.

Good thing I did as I was greeted with,
"they are waiting for you upstairs
for a care conference"
that neither Mom nor I knew anything about. 
So I grabbed Dad and we were off.
The meeting was productive
as we made constructive criticisms
that was given with a helpful idea
how to fix the problem!
All was greeted with note taking,
we will see if it goes anywhere!

Next I got him fixed up in his room.
Radio fixed, new DVD in player
and a new lunch table set up.

Off I went to Superstore for dog food
And kitty litter but ended up
With a cart load of food to do
a big cook tomorrow.
Chilli, meatloaf, and coquilles St Jacques.

Got a set of bankers boxes
just as Mom called to pick her up.

Good news from the appointment,
They think she has an intolerance
To the codeine in her new meds,
Because everything else looked good.

Off to the bank, the hardware store
And the dry cleaner before Mom and I
Went to Harry's for lunch.
She asked to go to Giant Tiger after.
Awesome!
I found new comforters for our bed!

Got everything home
And Mom headed home.
I got everything put away
And realized I had made a mistake
On one of the purchases,
So I grabbed John's car!
Omg what a pigsty,
I cleaned it out in the parking lot
Before going into the store.

Everything all fixed,
I headed to the gas station
and fueled up his car for him.

I made a pit stop
At the grocery store for a few items
I forgot this afternoon
And headed for home again.

Finally,
The pantry was full and cleaned out.
Awesome, so I ate some supper.
John got up after 7
And I made him pork sandwiches
And salad before hounding him
Into a couple jobs!

I put the new dry cleaner bags on my dresses,
Packed Christmas shirts
into one of the new boxes
and put the new comforters in the bed.
At 9:30
He finally gave in and came to help.
By that time I had torn his closet apart!!!
He downsized everything
Without too much complaining.
1 garbage bag of clothes for the shelter,
2 bags of socks!

Our room is almost calm again!
I removed some pix that were bothering me
And the the calm colour
of the new comforters made a difference.

Now it's is bedtime.
I have done a load of laundry and hung it,
And the dishes are drying.
John is off to work
And I am heading to bed.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts