Jan 20

01-20-18

I usually work well
With a tight time frame!

I blossom under the stree
Of an upcoming deadline.

No exception today!
I woke with 29 hours to accomplish
Everything I had planned to do
Before I got sick.
That bronchial infection took me
Down hard and thoroughly!

None of the jobs left to do
Were much more than finishing
But they were so freaking time consuming!

Lunch was leftover stir fry,
And then suddenly it was 7pm!
John was asking about supper!
We ordered pizza.

Sometimes the cleanup
Is not the hardest part of getting
Ready for a big party.
The hardest part is giving up
The gigantic expectations you set
For yourself that are almost
Impossible to attain!

Tomorrow morning is all about the food.
Yup,
And last minute decor
If there is time!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts