APRIL 11

April 11th 2017

WHAT an absolutely
beautiful day it was today.


Nice nights sleep
with the window open.

I could have used
a fan this afternoon 
in the dining room as I worked,
but I worked through the pain.

We repaired and rehung
our fence today,
even moved the gate!
We had a truckload of gravel delivered
so we can level out the driveway
after the rough winter,
tractors and dump trucks
took their toll.

I did some cleaning
and some laundry,
wrapped some Easter gifts,
got John off to work
and then off to book club.

It struck me,
while I was at book club tonight,
I am NOT the person I used to be!
Actually
this person I have become
doesn't even make me happy!!!!
You don't know this
but I have not decorated for one holiday
these past 4 months
not even Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swore I would never be that person
who stops enjoying holidays
just because their child is grown.

I am determined
to figure out how
I can go back to being
the outrageous person I loved being.
I seem to be only going
through the motions
and surviving
not living.
My cousin David would want
me to go back to the
FABULOUS person I was.


hmmmmmmm food for thought
this lovely evening in April.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts