oct7

October 7th 2016

How can one's life get so out of control?
all on the same weekend.
you'd think the powers that be
would KNOW to divide all this up...


Image result for everything on one day

I woke at super ugly o'clock this morning.
yup 7:30am and for no reason.
I got up quietly and let John sleep.
I did a bunch of small chores,
made a list of
the huge amount of stuff to do yet,
had a mild panic attack
and then faced the list again.

By noon I was at the Legion,
helping Connie work out the room.
Tables up in a slightly
different way this time,
got all the door prizes out and labeled,
and finally got into the kitchen before 5.

The hall is as ready as it can be,
My fifty cent lady items are nicely displayed,
and I have a mini plan of attack
to get everyone fed tomorrow.
I am the kitchen staff.

Tonight when I came home,
with the great intention of putting my feet up,
Shooter greeted me at the door
to remind me about getting
his toe nails clipped tonight.
So out we went.
I decided while we were out,
we stop by and see Dad,
who was quite happy tonight.

We took a few minutes and called Mom,
so they could chat.
My cousin Teresa stopped in
and checked on Mom today.
She is apparently
looking much better today.

It was a quickie visit,
and Shooter and I left,
stopped at a pizza place to grab a slice,
and headed for home.

You would think at this point,
I would relax and enjoy...
but no.
I got the dishwasher loaded,
found a bunch of items
to bring up to the crop tomorrow morning,
and managed to find a few odd jobs to do
WHILE munching on my pizza.

BUT
now my eyes are starting to shut on their own!
So, I will have to call it a night.
Early morning again tomorrow.

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts