oct14

October 14th 2016

Wow October is flying by.
The temperatures are so much nicer now,
and accomplishments come easier
when you can move and breathe.

I took a painting project up to Dad
this morning to try,
Arranged for his wheelchair
to be fit properly
and some necessary safety equipment added.

Image result for wheelchair cartoon


Got home and pretty much
kept my foot up all afternoon!
Went back to do some paperwork
at Valleyview and got Dad
over to play a game.
He won naturally.

On the way home I pulled into
the Freshco parking lot
to talk to Judy on the phone.

I noticed a teen from the skatepark
bouncing on a piece of the fencing
that had been broken/cut down
for easier access to the area.
(heaven forbid we walk around it)

I said to him
"you know that is why no one wanted the park,

you shouldn't be wrecking the fence"
He snottily replied
"not my fault I didn't cut it"
My reply
"well you aren't helping it
by doing that"

Now at that moment HIS MOTHER
walked up and said or did NOTHING!!!!!!

When did it become the norm
for teenagers to run our cities?

As a kid/teen
-we didn't walk down the street spitting
and throwing crap everywhere.
-we definitely did not walk into other
peoples yards and willfully destroy gardens
and rip branches off trees.
-we did not purposely damage
and deface public property.
-we did not have parents who ignored
us doing this if we had dared.

As I drove away, after finishing my phone call,
one of them made a snide comment.
I think he was surprised
when I backed up to retaliate.
If only there had been an officer
at Timmies last night,
I would have liked to send the officer
over to discuss the kids actions
NOT with them,
but with the parent who was still there
while this was going on.

I came home after getting some pizza,
and found a lovely alcoholic gift
in my mailbox from a friend.
I settled into the sofa with my supper
in pjs and watched tv.

Now it is time to sleep,
I am pooped.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts