oct20

October 20th 2016

A busy day,
even though I did not accomplish much!

I was up just after 9
and got dressed
and I was off to Valleyview to see Dad.

Found him upstairs watching tv.
Wasn't expecting anything different,
as it was a yucky wet day.
Big smile when he saw me,
less so when I said
"lets get to exercise class!!!!"

Image result for wheelchair excercise cartoon

We found a quiet corner
after the workout,
and chatted for a bit,
when he announced
he missed his recliner at home.
That's what I needed to hear,
and tomorrow morning
a reclining chair will be delivered
to his room for the rest of his stay.

Just trying to get him to ask for things
is a bit of a job in itself.
Got him all ready for lunch
and I headed on home.

When I got home I managed
to get the kitchen clean,
my Tupperware all packed up,
my dining room put back to normal,
clean John's closet and put away
his clothes PROPERLY,
have a chat with mom,
hang all of my clothes,
figure out what was wrong with Bandit,
make a to do list,
and then get John off to work.

By 4:30 I was on the town,
trying to find everything on my list.
I did pretty well!!!!!
Then it was off to supper
with a Tupperware client/host
and home again.

I realized today,
that if I focus on the small
unfinished jobs around the house,
and get my half finished
projects completed
I will start to feel a little less stressed.
So, I have my jobs in piles now,
and tomorrow "organizer Deb"
is going to get into some clean pjs
or efficient work clothes
and get all of them caught up.

That will make me happy.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts